Friday, March 8, 2013

When Hamlet Met Hamlet

     While working the other night, the Hamlet of no action had the rare pleasure of meeting Bipolar Hamlet. A gentleman walked in the door, took a seat at the bar and mumbled the need of a shot of Jameson and a Budweiser. I looked at him, realizing his intoxicated state and asked how his night was going. He once again mumbled, Jameson and a Budweiser. I looked at him and let him know that I was unable to serve him and that I was sorry for that. As a true gentleman would, he stated that if I would not serve him, he would go somewhere where they would. He stood up from his bar stool exited the building. After a five minute period, the same gentleman walked in the door and chose a seat five stools away from where he had previously been sitting. I walked over and asked how his evening was going. He only said Bud this time. I responded by telling him about our previous conversation, reiterating that I was unable to serve him. This is when Bipolar Hamlet presented himself. He called me a Communist, Nazi, with a flail of his arm said hail Hitler. I was caught off guard and asked him what he had said? His response was the same, Communist,  you Nazi...Now at this point, what I should have said was "Thou mangled onion-eyed death token," but what I said was you need to get the f*&# out of here. He slowly stood up, mumbling obscenities as he made his voyage out the door. He raised his hand and extended his middle finger, professing his love to the Hamlet of no action. At this point, my anger got the best of me, I reached for my sward and began my attack. I took two steps in his direction, stopped and thought to myself that this was not the time. I will plan my attack for when he next comes into the bar. My thoughts were on what I will do to him the next time he comes in. The answer is most likely nothing. I just wanted to share my Hamlet meets Hamlet experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment