Monday, March 25, 2013

Get a Life

     The other day in class we discussed the need to get a life. I have noticed over the last two months I have been giving the same response to anyone who asks--I give the same cookie-cutter response to regulars at work all the time when they ask how things are going--I tell them "I have no life, all I do is go to work, go to school and study." 
     Talking about this in class made me think about the what I had actually been saying. I had been using my words incorrectly. I should have said, for the first time in a long time, I actually have a life. Rather than just going through the motions and taking things day by day, I am now thinking and pushing myself daily. This is not to say I wasn't using my brain before, I might have been, but now there is a purpose for my thoughts. I not only want to push myself, I feel the need to push myself for the first time in years.
     I have been the worst student over my college career which started in the late 90's. I was always going through the motions, faking my way through to get my rare A, most often B, better yet C, D or F. Not to mention the endless classes I have dropped before things became difficult or the numerous W's I have taken over the years. So I say, for the first time in a long time, I have a life. I cannot wait to hang out with my friends, play golf and do nothing. But that will have to wait. First I must live.

No comments:

Post a Comment